Herken jij je helemaal in dit profiel?
Business Manager Testing & Certification (Netherlands)
The position to be filled is that of Business Manager Testing & Certification for the Netherlands (45 employees). Ricardo Certification B.V. (175 employees) is a separate and entirely independent business within the Ricardo group and is accredited by the relevant regulatory authorities to provide assurance services.
This is a new position in the Netherlands. He (for ‘he’ also read ‘she’) will be responsible for the management of the Business including budgeting, profit and loss performance, team well-being and growth. The BM reports directly to the Certification Director, and he is responsible for the global performance and development of the business.
He is a member of the local management team whereby he maintains close contact with the Utrecht General Manager. The BM has three direct reports: team manager Certification, team manager Testing and the Sales manager. The core responsibility for the BM Testing & Certification is the management of the business to deliver profitability in accordance with annual budgeted expectations. In addition, current objectives within this business unit include:
- Improving existing customer delight and attracting new customers both locally and internationally
- Lead the team in a manner that will see continual improvement in quality of output, internal processes and staff well-being building strong internal teamwork geared to loyalty and acting with integrity
- Engagement with the global Ricardo Certification business
- Building a stronger commercial culture focusing on meeting project ‘promises’ both externally (client) and internally
- Ensuring that the Certification and Testing teams work together as one unit
This role calls for an assertive figurehead. Someone who is resolute and outspoken, ambitious and persistent. An individual with a commercial mind, who is willing to delegate responsibility and hold others accountable. A proven track record as a successful BM who has had profit and loss responsibility is a prerequisite. The ideal candidate has an understanding of the rail industry in the Netherlands and preferably some aspects of certification requirements in rail (Interoperability, safety, etc.).
Competence 1: Entrepreneurial spirit
- Identify and make a commercial assessment of market opportunities, both for existing and new products and services; act on these opportunities to reap commercial benefits.
Competence 2: Market-driven
- Demonstrate a thorough awareness and knowledge of developments regarding clients, the market and technology. Capable of translating this into opportunities for the own organization.
Competence 3: Ownership and drive to execution
- Hands-on, down to earth leader, able to balance the need for operational efficiency with innovation. Result oriented with a strong business orientation.
Competence 4: Result analysis and problem solving
- Pro-active attitude and a self-starter. Sound knowledge of P&L accounts who possesses strong analytical and problem solving skills.
Ricardo Nederland B.V. & Ricardo Certification
The Ricardo Rail Division in Utrecht (230 employees) has its roots in NS Dutch Railways and as of July 1, 2015 became part of the Ricardo Group, which is well known for its innovative and customized approach in the development of new products and technologies for the automotive industry. Under this flag Ricardo will extend its activities to new products and technologies, including vehicles, motorsports and clean energy development. 2016 was a good year for the Group with strong growth in revenue (29%) and in underlying profit (41%).
Voor meer informatie kan je terecht bij onze recruiter, Fabian Peek via firstname.lastname@example.org